The land of Six Sigma Ranch was first settled in the mid-1800s by about two dozen families, most of them living on 160-acre tracts. Several of the original family names are still connected with Six Sigma Ranch land or neighboring ranches: Asbill Creek, Copsey Creek, Hutchinson’s Range, Jim Dollar Mountain, Kouns Flat, Schwiers’ Flat.
The recorded history of Six Sigma Ranch dates to 1859 when William Daniel Asbill Sr. and his family settled close to our present gate on Spruce Grove Road. The family was of English heritage and had traveled in covered wagons from their former home in Dade County, Missouri. Over the years, the Asbills bought land from other settlers, and Asbill Ranch grew to 800 acres. Today this land covers the western part of Six Sigma Ranch. Both Michael’s and Else’s Vineyards were planted on former Asbill land.